However there are also significant disadvantages with the use of Umbrella Companies and these disadvantages have been addressed in The Bedouin Group’s innovative solution which offers all of the advantages (and more) of the Umbrella Company, without any of the problems.
Firstly, Bedouin’s solution means contractors do not have to waste any time whatsoever on the admin, paperwork and expenses claims involved in the running of Limited or Umbrella Companies. This is massively important for those contractors who prefer to spend their time either working and earning money, or getting on with the rest of their life. With Bedouin there are no expenses claims, admin forms or continual Limited Company filings. You’re free to earn money and get on with your life!
Secondly, Bedouin offers added security over Limited or Umbrella Companies because as a contractor ‘employed’ by Bedouin, an ‘employee’ is given full employment status, statutory rights and benefits (whether contracting in the UK or overseas), as well as professional indemnity cover and an unrivalled support structure.
• individuals who find work through a temporary work agency but are in business on their own account (where they have a business to business relationship with the hirer who is a client or customer)
• individuals working on Managed Service Contracts where the worker does not work under the direction and supervision of the host organisation
• individuals working for in-house temporary staffing banks where a company employs its temporary workers directly (and they only work for that same business or service)
• individuals who find direct employment with an employer through an “employment agency”
• individuals on secondment or loan from one organisation to another – this is usually where the main activity of the organisation seconding the individual is not the supply of individuals to work temporarily under the supervision and direction of another party
Not looking too promising I would say.